While driving to Kumon, Makade asked me what type of drink I had. When I told him it was Diet Coke, Tarryn quickly reminded Makade that, "That's one of the kinds of drinks Dad doesn't want us to have." She also told him it's because it makes you stop growing.
The conversation continued as we talked about caffeine stunting your growth and naming various drinks that carried the evil stuff. Tarryn found it important to mention to Makade that "Mom probably drank a lot of caffeine when she was little and that's why she's so small." To which I replied, "I'll have you know that my favorite soda was Sprite when I was young, and have you ever checked out the height of MY parents?!"
After explaining that you get your height from both of your parents Makade found it important to ask the question, "Does that mean I'm gonna have one short leg and one really long leg?!" He was worried he would have to hop around everywhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cute! Funny though how I guzzled Sprite throughout my teenage years (thanks to YOU, Summer!) and my height is just fine. Ha ha! :)
Post a Comment