Woke up early Sunday morning with a happy little baby. Smiling, cooing, and 3 locks of hair that seemed longer than the rest hanging down on his forehead. "Okay kiddo, it's time for your first haircut, and I believe it should be me that gets the good luck, thank you very much." Who knew that this would start events spiraling for Javen to have an entire day of firsts?!
I set Javen in the bouncy seat so I could cut the top of his hair. ...then posed the dilemma of how to get the hair on the back of his head? I quickly came up with the solution of putting him on his tummy on my bed. (Yes, this was a real professional hair cut.) To my surprise, he immediately rolled over! Thinking it was a fluke, I placed him back on his stomach to which he rolled over the other way! Thinking that it must be because he was on the bed, I placed him on the floor and got the astonishing same result. Should we count? This makes 2 firsts in a matter of minutes. First cut, first roll over.
Sunday afternoon, I was sitting on the floor with Brandon and Javen. Javen sitting in front of me propped against my legs. Javen decides to once again amaze us as he leans himself forward just enough to sit unassisted for a nearly good 5 minutes! (Slow down kiddo!!!) -3 firsts. First cut, first roll over, first unassisted sit.
Later in the evening as we're sitting at the dinner table, Javen on my lap, food being passed around, he swipes a chicken off the plate and starts swinging it around as if announcing, "I am ready to eat too!" Tarryn wrestles the chicken from the grip of death, we start to eat. Javen decides that my plate must be his plate and grasps for the mashed potatoes. He acted surprised at first to feel the warm squishiness but decided to give it a try and stuck his fingers in his mouth and announced they were to his liking by making extremely loud sucking noises. His fondness for the mashed goodness grew as he continued to repeat these actions over and over again. Are you kidding me? First food too?!
Javen must know that I'm trying to hold his progress to an unhurried measure since he is my last baby. He must also have other plans for me and himself. This kid is already showing he's unstoppable all at the tender age of 4 months and 3 weeks old. (20 weeks to be exact.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment