We welcome you to share the experiences of parenthood, childhood, and the unity that keeps our small tribe learning and growing.





Monday, June 2, 2008

Good Morning

Each morning for the last few weeks Corban has started a new routine. I first hear his door slam shut over the monitor (I don't even NEED the monitor to hear this racket), then comes the banging of my doors while he tries to open them, then the soft sound of sleepy feet dragging across the carpet. Now my favorite part comes without fail.

"Mom, can I way down wif you?" in the softest whisper a 3 year old can mutter, I turn to see these big brown eyes peering over the top of the bed.

"Sure buddy, climb on in." I mumble in my half awakened state. After being trodden on or climbed over (depending on the day) Corban lies down next to me and wraps his arms tight around my neck.

"Mmmmm, I gwad to see you Mom!" The words that start my heart for the day.

"I'm SOOO glad to see you Corban!"

Our daily routine wouldn't be complete without the final step. After we settle in and get cozy to drift off to sleep again, "Mom, sing me song." So I oblige, dry throat and all.

No comments: