We welcome you to share the experiences of parenthood, childhood, and the unity that keeps our small tribe learning and growing.





Thursday, June 5, 2008

Toddler Times Two

Since the time I was pregnant with Tarryn I've had a strong feeling that we would have 5 children. It's always seemed odd to me since all of my life I had pictured 3 children; which probably had to do with each of my siblings only having 3. After having Kellan (who is 100% angel), Brandon and I have doubted whether we could handle or even want five. Now we've got the chance to have a test run and see if we're truly fit to have enough kids to suit up and make a basketball team thanks to the privilege of having our nephew stay with us for a while.

Hayden is a wonderful little guy who tries hard to do the right thing and is aimed to please all(just don't take his toys). For a toddler he's really quite mellow....until you add Corban into the mix! Now not only does it seem that I've got 2 toddlers on my hands, but because of a variety of things including closeness in age (exactly 6 months apart minus a day), hair color, and height, I find myself with the likeness of having twins! I have 2 friends that have twins (VerNeita and Keeley, bless your hearts!) and I never knew it was THIS hard! I'm finding I never have enough arms, hands, or lap space to satisfy two toddlers and a baby. Everything seems to have doubled! Double the laundry, double the dishes, double the bumps and bruises, and double the story books at nap time. It wouldn't be fair unless I shared the other doubles I go through in a day. Double the hugs and kisses, double the giggles, and double the love to share.
Although we STILL aren't certain whether we could ever have five of our own, this is an adventure of a lifetime both Brandon and I are blessed to experience. We are positive the amount of inner growing potential for all involved is monumental!

No comments: