With Brandon being sick, we simply celebrated with a cake. A big, red, hairy lookin' Elmo cake! Why Elmo looks scared, you say? I'd have to say I'd be scared to have candles in the top of my head and knowing I was going to be eaten would damper the moment as well. (At least that's what I told the kids.) The baker was surprised when I didn't give orders for a "Happy Birthday" on such a cake, but accepted our strange request for a "Yay Corban!" to be added. We purchased crayon replica candles instead of traditional ones, and were ready for a celebration.
The tricky part was coming up with a song to sing before Corban blew out his 6 candles. I thought of "For he's a jolly good fellow," but then realized the kids didn't know that oldy. We thought of various others, some that didn't have anything to do with why we were having cake. None of them would do. So we changed the "Happy birthday" song into, "Happy six months to you!" and Corban was thrilled. Afterward, because ALL of us have endured through this trial, each of the kids got to take a turn blowing out the candles. What a fun evening, although the only one who was daring enough to try all that frosting was Tarryn. Here's to another six months!


3 comments:
We still have his 6 month gift but forgot to bring it over....it will just let the celebration continue longer right?
Yay Corban
Summer, I am so pleased! I know it has been a scary ride for all of us, and I am happy knowing the changes that have occured over the last 6 months. We love our favorite Corban!!!
Post a Comment