We've had a recent visitor in our home. Not Santa. Not the Easter Bunny. Not even a Leprechaun! We've had this horrible guest who doesn't seem to want to leave called Influenza. Apparently we've made her feel quite comfortable because she seems apt to stick around for a while. We aren't certain who invited her in, but Influenza started bunking with Tarryn on Saturday the 21st, and she's been here ever since. Influenza has now decided to bunk with Corban and he is miserable.
Last night while tucking Corban in to bed, he said, "Mom?"
Thinking his next sentence would imply he wanted me to sing to him, I replied with, "What hon?"
"Can you give me a break?" asked Corban.
Makade, lying in the top bunk started chuckling and I couldn't help but giggle either thinking, Of course he'd like a break from being sick, and I'd like someone to give me a break too. "You need a break?" I asked.
"Yes. Stop laughing Makade! I need a break." was Corban's response.
"Exactly what do you need a break from?" I said while running thoughts of his recent daily lifestyle of watching Disney movies or playing the Wii while he's been ill.
"I need a break right here." and he pats his hand on his lower back.
"Oh! You want me to pop your back?!" As the realization hits of his back must be hurting with the flu and lying around all day.
After twisting his hips one way and his shoulders the other, we got a 'pop' out of his back and he was able to go to sleep, but not before I got the predictable question of being asked to sing a lullaby.
As for Influenza, we are going to make it mighty uncomfortable around here as I'm inviting a new guest into our home named Clorox.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You may also want to invite her friend, Lysol. Good Luck!
Post a Comment