Our state has finally made it to the point of that "certain number" of popularity when 1 area code for the 'area' isn't enough. We have now made it a necessity to dial a 10 digit number even when calling your next door neighbor. Believe me (you big state people), this is a big deal that people around here aren't happy about. Including Tarryn.
The first I heard about this was last Sunday at dinner with my in-laws. I was annoyed and Tarryn could tell so she asked what was wrong. I tried to explain that we needed to now dial 3 extra numbers in front of the other seven numbers and those 3 numbers were constant which involve a five, a four, and a zero. (numbers were changed for safety reasons)
Apparently she didn't like the idea of so many numbers and so in her own logical frustration blurted out, "That's dumb! Why can't we just dial a nine?!"
"What do you mean, Tarryn? Like when you dial out of your school?" I asked.
She replied in a huff, "No. Like five and four make nine so why can't we just dial nine?"
How do you reason with that logic?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment