The party was a HUGE success! It wouldn't have been without some key family members donating their valuable time. THANKS SO MUCH TO GRANDPA HERRICK for donating squirt guns, military rations, and the coolest decorations possible (what 7 year old do you know that has machine gun rounds at their party)! Aunt Brittany went the extra mile and ran to multiple National Guard Recruiting offices and got us LOADS of free goodies (I don't think we'll ever be hurting for a basketball, water bottle or pencil in this house again)!

Of course the party wouldn't have been anything without DRILL SERGEANT GONDER! Without him, there is NO WAY we could've kept 17 kids in line and the party running smoothly. All he had to do was yell "ATTENTION!" and the kids were lined up and ready for their new command0. The cadets were willing to please, or face the consequence of running drills or doing 5 push-ups. (Why can't I have this kind of control over the household?)

The kids were put through various boot training activities such as an obstacle course, they had to be blindly guided through a field of landmines, and practice what to do with a wounded soldier ("We never leave a man behind!").

Makade got loads of fun stuff, but the best gift that got the most attention was one from our neighbors, Josh and David. When I picked up the box with a silly face on it, I was thinking, "What did they give him, socks?" it was so light. They told Makade to pull on the tongue to open the gift; when he did, out came a roll of 15 dollar bills! SO COOL!

Anyway, the party was a blast but I'm extremely happy that things can now simmer down for a while. Good thing stuff like this only comes once a year!

No comments:
Post a Comment