This very day last year was, hands down, the most frightening day of my life. November 3rd, 2007, Corban had his first seizure. I could go on about the events of the day, because, just as the events of 9/11 seems to be embedded into everyone's mind, this day is just as tragic in my heart. In fact, for every seizure that would happen after this point, inwardly I would feel upset that life was continuing on. Because our inner world was coming to a halt, I felt all other's should do the same. I'm glad the world didn't listen to my heart or my feelings; for stopping the world wouldn't have helped the situation and it taught me lessons that I needed.
So instead of relaying the events of this day 1 year ago, I'm going to reflect on the joys these sweet children bring me. I will forget the small nuisances of picking up after them or the frustrations of them not obeying, and replace it with making them smile and watching them laugh. I will focus on indulging myself in the fun and interesting personalities that each one of my angels have. For a year ago today, I was in fear of losing one of them; and if I re-live and center my feelings regarding, I'll be missing the message of enjoying all the good that I am surrounded by.
Thank you Corban, for willingly going through this so that your Mother and Father could learn lessons in this life that we would never have been able to comprehend without you.
Ironically, two accolades regarding Corban's seizures happen within the same week. On Thursday it will be 6 months (26 weeks to be exact) since Corban's last seizure. This is thrilling news to us since it means that he will most likely outgrow them. We are truly blessed beyond measure. If you need a reason to make a cake, eat it, and not count calories; Thursday is your day. Calories don't count when it comes to great celebrations!

3 comments:
I can supply that cake :P the perks of a sister-in-law working at a bakery huh?
I'll eat cake to that! I'm so proud of Corban, and you.
Your reflections brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you guys.
Love,
Maddie
I swear, whenever I read your blog I'm reminded of what a "good parent" is! Your posts are so cute and full of love -- your kids are so lucky to have a great mommy like you!
Post a Comment