We welcome you to share the experiences of parenthood, childhood, and the unity that keeps our small tribe learning and growing.





Thursday, July 10, 2008

Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting

We did it. We took a scary leap and put Makade into a Kung Fu class. Brandon and I find it frightening because Makade tends to use his limbs as tools when frustrated at siblings. We know he needs an outlet for pent up energy and also to harness that energy into something more positive than using Big Sister as a punching bag. More than harnessing the energy, we want for our son to learn self discipline. -If not, there is the #1 rule that remains: "The day you use Kung Fu on any of your siblings is the day that you no longer return to class."

After dropping Makade off for his first lesson today, I snuck back to watch him in action without having him feel conscious that I was observing. ....It's been a long time since I've seen a smile that big on his face! All caution fled from my body at that moment and I hope it continues this way.

No comments: