We welcome you to share the experiences of parenthood, childhood, and the unity that keeps our small tribe learning and growing.





Friday, July 18, 2008

Growth Spurt

Sometimes while living in every-day life, you forget to actually look at the progress that is being made by each individual child. That is until they hit some type of major mile-stone; then your senses become awakend and your eyes open as if seeing them in some new light. I love when this happens and wish it would happen more often for me as I don't want to miss a moment of their development.

What brought this to my attention (once again), was how much Kellan is learning. All in a week he's learned to climb a flight of stairs, say "Hi!", take a step unaided, and make the funniest/cutest fishy kiss faces ever!

Then I got thinking about the others...Today Corban (not even 3 1/2) told us that we were listening to track 17 on the radio as if he's always known the number, he's also undergone a week of potty training. Makade has become quite the teacher in guiding the family in various Kung Fu positions, stances, and moves. And Tarryn is becoming an amazing helper in the kitchen (when she wants to) and has even been there to flip the pancakes when they would've burned down the house while I was side-tracked by other children.

Point is, sometimes, aside from the mess and every-day doldrums if you really stop to look at these sweet children, you get to witness amazing every-day miracles. Maybe this is one of those 'the cup is half-full' moments for me...even if a half-full cup in my home means a possible spill to clean up, I'll take it with a smile.

No comments: