Brandon's been gone for 3 weeks with one teeny little break in between. Usually during the first week while he is gone, I find loads of fun things for us to do and the kids are super cooperative. Then the second week comes along and I'm wearing down so the kids start taking orders less serious such as, "Make your bed" or "Please hang up your back-pack." By the third week, I've completely lost the battle and I've got absolute rebellion on my hands. Bed time gets later and later, dishwasher isn't unloaded unless I've done it myself, and clothing, toys, and various food wrappers are found in the strangest of places.
If the thought of being a single mother to four doesn't scare you, and if the mess isn't overwhelming enough, then you do what any temporarily insane mother does in a moment of weakness. You say, "Yes" to one of your children asking to have a late-night party with a "few" friends to watch a movie on Friday night when it's already Wednesday. Then she asks if we could borrow a projector from a friend and have the movie on big-screen in our back yard.
Thursday rolls around and suddenly invitations are a "must" for my 9 year old (temporarily disowned) daughter. "....And while getting ready to print the invitations the weak and feeble mother looks at her offspring and asks innocently, "How many?" The offspring is aware of the opportunity and goes for the kill...." How many species have you seen on National Geographic where the young actually eat their elders? "And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming."
Needless to say, we had somewhere around 24 children in our backyard. *Counting is super hard as they don't stop moving!* Yet somehow I survived (with the help of my brother and sister-in-law), and strangely (with the fight of my life) I got a clean house out of the deal. So my friends, because I endured this endeavor without many injuries, I say embrace your fears for they make you stronger!
If the thought of being a single mother to four doesn't scare you, and if the mess isn't overwhelming enough, then you do what any temporarily insane mother does in a moment of weakness. You say, "Yes" to one of your children asking to have a late-night party with a "few" friends to watch a movie on Friday night when it's already Wednesday. Then she asks if we could borrow a projector from a friend and have the movie on big-screen in our back yard.
Thursday rolls around and suddenly invitations are a "must" for my 9 year old (temporarily disowned) daughter. "....And while getting ready to print the invitations the weak and feeble mother looks at her offspring and asks innocently, "How many?" The offspring is aware of the opportunity and goes for the kill...." How many species have you seen on National Geographic where the young actually eat their elders? "And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming."
Needless to say, we had somewhere around 24 children in our backyard. *Counting is super hard as they don't stop moving!* Yet somehow I survived (with the help of my brother and sister-in-law), and strangely (with the fight of my life) I got a clean house out of the deal. So my friends, because I endured this endeavor without many injuries, I say embrace your fears for they make you stronger!
Some of the kids getting ready to have a race to get the wiggles out before the movie starts. The ingenious idea of my Sister-in-law, Brittany

No comments:
Post a Comment