I love scrounging through my kid's backpacks; especially when I find work that they didn't deem worthy enough of showing me yet I consider it a little gem, or at least some insight into their budding personality. A few days ago I was given one of those little treasures as I found a lovely poem in Makade's backpack.
Obviously, the topic was chosen for them and even had the rhyming part put into place for them as the paper said, *blank*, *blank*, *blank* and sweet. Watermelon is *blank* to eat.
My sweet and sensitive son who absolutely adores ALL fruit (please tell me you can feel the sarcasm in that statement), filled in the blanks so the poem read as:
Red, gross, awful and sweet.
Watermelon is horrible to eat.

Can you feel the love? He's going to melt hearts with this kind of stuff!
Obviously, the topic was chosen for them and even had the rhyming part put into place for them as the paper said, *blank*, *blank*, *blank* and sweet. Watermelon is *blank* to eat.
My sweet and sensitive son who absolutely adores ALL fruit (please tell me you can feel the sarcasm in that statement), filled in the blanks so the poem read as:
Red, gross, awful and sweet.
Watermelon is horrible to eat.

Can you feel the love? He's going to melt hearts with this kind of stuff!

No comments:
Post a Comment